Concerts you have attended?

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Wolf, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I just got home from the concert and it was pretty good. I took a few pics and I'll upload them later. Watching FGL, they were alright, but towards the end the turned more into a country rap group.

The welcome home singer Dierks Bentley was fantastic and Jason Aldean was good. A lot of country girls were going crazy at the arena.

Durning intermission, they brought out the Seahawks and Patriots cheerleaders to entertain the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

2. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I grew up listening to country music, so I had a good time. The punishment was fighting all the damn activity crowds in downtown Phoenix. Thank goodness we have a light rail here now, parking was like $30+ dollars in some areas.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

3. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

In high school, "Be All End All" by Anthrax was a motivational song for me before cross country races.

Of the three acts in that show, Wolf, Dierks Bentley is the only one I'd consider watching.

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I just remembered another way I will be fitting in with the Fall Out Boy fans. When they pay each other compliments, like if they like your dungarees, they say "your dungaree game is on fleeck." I assume a good "dis" would be to say "your dungaree game is far from fleeck."

I'm sure Meme Girl will appreciate the effort I'm putting in to this.

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

There's a few interesting shows coming to Red Rocks this year.

Ryan Adams, Big Head Todd and the Monsters WITH Lucinda Williams on the same bill, Mark Knopfler. I'll TRY to catch a few shows this year.

Fiddler's Green has the Foo Fighters (With Royal Blood opening) and the Dave Matthews Band. Dave Matthews Band is on my list of shows to see

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

You can also quote Panic At The Disco songs. Nobody will know the difference, and they will all think you're fly.

7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

As well they should.

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I just got tickets for the Rush concert this summer.
    Sounds like it'll be their last tour.

9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I'm getting tickets to The Stones. They will be at Ohio Stadium May 30th. I'm not a big fan at all. Their legends so why not see them and have some fun. I'm looking forward to it.

My wife isn't into it so I'm taking my dad. Good father son bonding!

Sent from my Note 4

Wolf, HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Atta boy!

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I saw Garth Brooks in Buffalo last month. Fabulous show.

Going to see Weird Al this summer.

HecticArt likes this.
  12. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Saw REO Speedwagon last year. Going to see Oak Ridge Boys in March.

13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Ba pa mow wow.

goreds2 likes this.
  14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

larryinnyc and HecticArt like this.
  15. IdRatherBeSkiing

Last night 2 free tickets (row F right below the stage -- 1st dry row -- bit of a seepage problem due to the high water of Lake Ontario) to Don Henley landed in my lap. I saw him in 1985 (at that time he had Katrina & The Waves opening for him -- this time they were unavailable so JD & the Straight Shot (a concept blues country rock band fronted by a CEO of a Cable company (according to Wiki))). Great concert. The guy (Don) looks old but still really rocks. 3 encores. Some solo stuff, some newer stuff (2 years old -- one of which I am going to download off iTunes), a couple covers and some Eagles songs. Even a couple sung by Glen Fry as his tribute to Glenn.

JHDK, Aaron, HecticArt and 1 other person like this.
  16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool. I like catching legends in concert.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

Next up is Queen (V2.0) in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HecticArt likes this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That would be cool. Enjoy!

19. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Taylor Swift 2016

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Add Queen (+Adam Lampart) to my list of concerts. Saw them last night on the eve of Brian May's 70th birthday (for an old fuck, he really can play the guitar). Show was excellent. I was never a fan of 'talent' found by the Idol type shows but Adam did a fine job as lead singer. That being said, there will only ever be one Freddy Mercury. He did make a guest appearance via video tape at the concert on a couple of occasions.

The light show was also out of this world.

HecticArt likes this.