Foodies

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I think I tried oysters once but I'm not 100% on that. Never had a clam (unless you count those attached to a woman, then I've eaten plenty of those raw) and I had to look up what cherrystones were so never had them either.

What are those black shellfish that are less circular and more elongated? My mom used to talk about collecting them down the shore when she was a kid.
Mussels. They're usually cooked.

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I think I tried oysters once but I'm not 100% on that. Never had a clam (unless you count those attached to a woman, then I've eaten plenty of those raw) and I had to look up what cherrystones were so never had them either.

What are those black shellfish that are less circular and more elongated? My mom used to talk about collecting them down the shore when she was a kid.
For a person whose relatives are from a European peninsula hanging into the ocean, and who lives on an American peninsula hanging into the ocean, you seem oddly unaware of shellfish.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For a person whose relatives are from a European peninsula hanging into the ocean, and who lives on an American peninsula hanging into the ocean, you seem oddly unaware of shellfish.
Is it a peninsula if it is below sea level? Without the dikes, his ancestors would have been swimming with the fishes.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I have never heard of N'awlins refered to as a peninsula.
It's below sea level. Whether it's a single peninsula or a series of fingers or hanging land points or perhaps there's another name, it juts into the ocean, and it's below sea level. They call Cape Cod Mass a cape, although technically it's a peninsula, but who cares?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Like Florida is to the US, The Netherlands does have a large peninsula along with some islands in the northwest region of the nation and some other smaller peninsulas in the southwest. The Netherlands itself is not a peninsula. Also Hendrik started life in Indonesia, a giant archipelago so there's another reason I should be more into seafood, hah.

I do like shellfish but those include shrimp, crab and lobster. My favorite food in the world is a tie btw/Alaskan King Crab legs and mango (but of course not eaten together). I like fish but it's never been something I seek out. Besides the occasional can of tuna I never eat fish at home. I do enjoy a good salmon or mahi mahi though.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Like Florida is to the US, The Netherlands does have a large peninsula along with some islands in the northwest region of the nation and some other smaller peninsulas in the southwest. The Netherlands itself is not a peninsula. Also Hendrik started life in Indonesia, a giant archipelago so there's another reason I should be more into seafood, hah.

I do like shellfish but those include shrimp, crab and lobster. My favorite food in the world is a tie btw/Alaskan King Crab legs and mango (but of course not eaten together). I like fish but it's never been something I seek out. Besides the occasional can of tuna I never eat fish at home. I do enjoy a good salmon or mahi mahi though.
So you're not a big mollusk guy.

I eat fish at home because Mrs. Scotch knows how to cook. Although if I was single for any extended time, I'd cook fish.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Oddly unaware and selfish......Isn't that the Florida state motto?
technically it's a peninsula, but who cares?
Oh! Oh! :wavey:
Not me! Not me!!!!
I do enjoy a good salmon or mahi mahi though.
Great. Now I want grilled salmon with a nice chutney.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
My kid, who is of age to understand the Tik Tok thing, told me about this day well over a year ago... and it's here today.

Eat a bowl of Rigatoni pasta day
May 24, 2021

Am I going to go along with this nonsense? Sure because it makes the kid happy, and I like Rigatoni pasta!

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
My kid, who is of age to understand the Tik Tok thing, told me about this day well over a year ago... and it's here today.

Eat a bowl of Rigatoni pasta day
May 24, 2021

Am I going to go along with this nonsense? Sure because it makes the kid happy, and I like Rigatoni pasta!

I'm glad I read the article, to learn there's no logic to the event or the day. Thanks.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I just Uber Eats Chipotle.

I rarely do that, only when I'm feeling even more super lazy than normal.

I'm gonna pound a burrito and quesadilla and my face hole will thank me. My stomach area will have a different opinion but we'll deal with that later.

Aren't you glad you started this high falutin food thread Aaron?

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
As you all know I am 100% disingenuous in most areas of my life.

I like to think I stand for about 20% of my political opinions. The other 80 I simply enjoy the argument.

So with that in mind, I'm trying to eat less meat. Let's break it down. So it's like 5% health reasons (being fat is gross), 15% I do actually feel bad for animals being killed because who the fuck am I for a giant beast to be killed for me to eat? Also I have really, no joke, been trying to eat less pork. I think it's odd to eat things that can be domesticated house pets.

But let's be real...

The real reason is because vast majority of the girls I spend time with are either vegetarians or vegans.

So I gotta pretend.

"Dude, burgers are gross...we live in an era where you can get a veggie burger at Walmart that tastes just as good. How could anyone be so cruel to eat the flesh of an animal?" I have like 6 packs of veggie burgers and veggie chicken patties in my freezer right now...they taste nothing like the real thing. I throw them in salads and cover them in Italian or Ranch to make them go away. And they cost more. So lose, lose.

I think I even tired to pretend in this thread before. I made one of each and stated the fake one was kinda similar. IDK, I'm sorry I guess guys. I was lying. They are not similar.

They taste like beans w/a bit of spice added. I mean they are edible but come on, all those commercials are blatant lies.

Haha, ok ok, let's be real again though. I'm not that much of a pushover. I do tell them I eat burgers. When I get me home I want my 80/20 on my Forman with a giant slab of cheddar. I don't get that graphic though. I say things like..."I eat a burger every now and then but my goal is to give them up completely. You make very valid points." Any of you give me up and I will hunt you down and hurt you.

I hang out with maybe the wrong woman. I know I'm in "liberal south FL" but it's still FL. I guess I need to find girls who drive F150's or some shit. Not really though. I like being around people who push me to be better. But then again, animal husbandry has been a thing for like a million years. What's really the point of a cow besides slowly walking around around getting fatter for us or some other predator to eat?

But also, F. They do have me at least giving it a second thought when I roll up to 5 Guys these days. They are in my brain...eating it away like a carnivore.

On the compete other hand, time to throw and extra peperoni pie in my oven. Sounds like a good breakfast.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar