I was begging Hectic to have some class earlier and he just wouldn't listen so I guess I'll have to do it myself.
Behold, in all its beauty...The classy, yet utilitarian Casio Pro Trek PRW60T-7ACR:
Ooooooh...This thing is nice!
It a Pro Trek so it's packed with the normal features and some bonuses: ABC sensor (altimeter, baromotor, compass) plus thermometer but somehow they call it a triple sensor and ABC instead of a quad sensor and ABCT but whatever...Multi Band 6, solar power, titanium strap (making it very light), AWESOME LUME, tough movement and a really cool backlight.
Plus all the normal features...stopwatch, 4 alarms and an hourly chime, world time, countdown timer and recall if you want to record your altitude which I have never used in my other ABC Casios.
This is my 3rd Pro Trek. I have an all digital and another much like this but on a resin strap and different face, negative digital display and no Multi Band 6. I dig it but don't love it. It's early on yet but I think I love this watch. Also that other one is bigger. This is a very manageable about 43 or so mm (even though it's listed at 47 but my measurements along with a lot of videos say that's wrong).
So let's start off with the bad.
-The case isn't titanium, only the bracelet. The bezel is stainless and so is the back. I'm not sure about the caseback though, it looks a lot like titanium. The center case is some sort or resin or plastic, it would be much nicer if it was encased in all titanium. The buttons and crown are metal so that's cool though.
-The caseback is screw-in (meaning little screws hold it in place), not screw-down. As far as I know, no Pro Treks have screw-down casebacks, bummer.
-Mineral crystal. Now I paid $238 for this guy. That is the lower end of expecting sapphire but I've seen it done on cheaper watches so that would have been nice.
-Titanium scratches like a
MAJ Badmotherfarker. In sizing it I've already scratched around the one of the pin and collar holes but that's kinda to be expected since I don't have the proper tools to size that type of bracelet and I did it all with a spring bar tool and a lighter as my hammer.
-It's a double clasp bracelet and I've noticed after a day of desk-diving at work that the secondary clasp kinda comes un-flush with the rest of the clasp if I'm wearing it above the bone and move my wrist in a certain way. It doesn't come undone but un-flush which is somewhat annoying.
So I think I've been fair in listing the bads, now let's list all the goods.
-LUME!!! Now you all know I'm a lume junkie. This this has BY FAR the most lume I've seen on a Casio. The hands have it, the hour indices have it but so do the minute indices and the subdial! Now it's not Seiko-quality lume but my goodness it's a lot of lume for any watch, let alone a Casio!
-Backlight. The backlight is different from my other protreks. It has one light for the digital display and another blue light a 6 pm that only lights the hands and has this awesome glow. My other one just has a white light at 6 that kinda lights the whole dial. This is way cooler. Here are my lume/backlight pics. I'm proud of this lume shot, it was not easy to get:
I'm less proud of this one but I think it gets the point across of how the backlight somehow shines on the hands in a sweet neon blue. Even the tip of the second hand gets illuminated. Super cool:
-Applied hour and minute indices. The hours indices as you can see are clearly raised, brushed, probably stainless. The minute indices are also raised! Very cool touch!
-The dial isn't cluttered. In some lights you don't even see the printing. It's very subtle and I've talked about before how I like a clean dial.
-TOUGH MOVEMENT! Now this means that everything properly aligns. As you WIS's likely know, with quartz watches having the second hand properly hit all the ticks is an issue even for some high end quartz watches. Tough Movement means it automatically adjusts every hour to make sure it hits the ticks. And if I don't like the auto-adjust it also lets me manually adjust it. Thats a big deal for quartz in my world.
-Bracelet. Before this I've had 0.0 watches I wear on a bracelet. This bracelet is nice besides that one thing I mentioned above. It's super light and just feels good on wrist.
So for now I guess that's all the good and bad I can think of writing about. 2019 was the year of me wearing my full metal square as my daily driver:
View attachment 5870
That thing is beautiful despite all the scratches I made it endure. I think 2020 might be the year of the Titanium Pro Trek.
I really like this thing.
Oh and here are some bonus shots of my new favorite watch with my favorite girl in the whole world, Athena: