The Random Post Thread

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The first 2 that come to mind are fresh baked cookies, and my old neighborhood guitar store. It had the most unique smell. It was a combination of the different woods from the guitars, and the electronics and vinyls from the amps. The place smelled the same when I first walked in as a kid in the late 70's as it did when they closed in 2020. I wish I could get a candle that smelled like that.

Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Eviation’s All-Electric Commuter Plane Takes To The Skies For The First Time

The airplane flew for around nine minutes on this first groundbreaking test flight.

Thank fuckin' god! I absolutely lost it this weekend with the "weekend pilots" and their fuckin' little old-timey prop planes. I live within a few miles of like 3 local airports, and I specifically picked a piece of land to build a house that is at the top of a cul-de-sac, way off any main road. So I don't really hear Harleys or trucks much. But those planes are non-stop. And it's always some dickhead with nothing better to do, trying to make a loop-de-loop or something. Go play some golf!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Very cool. It takes some groundbreaking (for lack of a better word) people doing stuff like this to really change things.
It might be 25 or 30 years before electric planes are common for commercial travel, but at least it's going the right direction.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Reminds me of my cousin. He's always identified as "it"

• Haha
Reactions: Channel98

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
"Wow, this company really believes in diversity! Two-thirds of the employees pictured on their website are minorities." Yeah, and those two-thirds could very well be fake.

The reasons appear to make it appear the company is larger than it is. Nothing mentioned about diversity. Is there an affirmative action program for fake employees? Should a company be discriminating against minority fake employees? Fake Lives Matter!

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The reasons appear to make it appear the company is larger than it is. Nothing mentioned about diversity. Is there an affirmative action program for fake employees? Should a company be discriminating against minority fake employees? Fake Lives Matter!
I think channel was jokingly taking it to the next step; if you're using fake employees, why not up the diversity too?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You get me, Mister scotch. ;) The fake employees are similar to the fake audiences used on The Masked Singer:

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
@scotchandcigar

Before I sulk and make a different move, I want to show you how frustrated I am that I can't use this word in our Words With Friends game. Because it would've put me in the lead by one point - something I have a very hard time accomplishing when playing against you!

View attachment 8305
Haha, there's a bunch of common words it won't let us use, like Jew. I would've thought Cajun was OK, but it's a capitalized word (same with Jew), so maybe that's why. But our games have all been very evenly matched; I'm sure you'll come out ahead at some point.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
You need to squeeze in another P
I already go 7 or 8 times a day. That's more than enough!

I would've thought Cajun was OK, but it's a capitalized word (same with Jew), so maybe that's why.
But then they accept shit like delish, hangry and YOLO. I mean YOLO?? Even if I did recognize it as a real word, it's still an acronym!

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
But then they accept shit like delish, hangry and YOLO. I mean YOLO?? Even if I did recognize it as a real word, it's still an acronym!
Not to mention the litany of 2-letter words for which I have no idea of their meaning or even pronunciation, but over the years I've learned they are legal plays.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Qi, pronounced "chee," is the Mandarin word for "air" or "breath" and is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "the circulating life force whose existence and properties are the basis of much Chinese philosophy and medicine." Scrabble and Words With Friends allow foreign words "as long as they appear in English dictionaries."