Fantasy Fatball 2021

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That's chicken, it needs to be cooked through. Beef doesn't. You can eat beef raw, if it's done right.

Google is my friend.

For many beef buffs, the idea of a hamburger cooked anything beyond medium rare is blasphemous. Unfortunately, not cooking your ground beef to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit puts you at risk of ingesting bacteria like E. coli or enterococcus, including some strains that are resistant to multiple antibiotics. But does cooking beef to a safe temperature mean you’re doomed to a dry, tasteless hockey puck sandwich?

Plenty of other articles. Ground beef not steak or beef in general.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Google is my friend.

For many beef buffs, the idea of a hamburger cooked anything beyond medium rare is blasphemous. Unfortunately, not cooking your ground beef to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit puts you at risk of ingesting bacteria like E. coli or enterococcus, including some strains that are resistant to multiple antibiotics. But does cooking beef to a safe temperature mean you’re doomed to a dry, tasteless hockey puck sandwich?

Plenty of other articles. Ground beef not steak or beef in general.
Two observations:
- Consumer Reports are the nannies of the internet. Many of their opinions are just plain dumb.
- All of those burgers they cooked would pass for medium, or even medium rare, if they came off the grill as pictured. As pointed out, ground beef doesn't technically conform to the same doneness standard as steak. So while a medium-rare steak might have a barely-warm center, a medium-rare burger will be pretty hot all the way through, just pinker inside.

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Two observations:
- Consumer Reports are the nannies of the internet. Many of their opinions are just plain dumb.
- All of those burgers they cooked would pass for medium, or even medium rare, if they came off the grill as pictured. As pointed out, ground beef doesn't technically conform to the same doneness standard as steak. So while a medium-rare steak might have a barely-warm center, a medium-rare burger will be pretty hot all the way through, just pinker inside.
That was the first article that poped up in google. There are many others. Ground beef (hamburger) cannot be served by a Canadian restaurant less than well done. This is a thing. I did not confuse it with chicken. There were many articles about it on my google search.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That was the first article that poped up in google. There are many others. Ground beef (hamburger) cannot be served by a Canadian restaurant less than well done. This is a thing. I did not confuse it with chicken. There were many articles about it on my google search.
Is there a metric wellness scale?????

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
o9zlFHV.gif

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
After a 2 month drinking/other stuff binge, I finally got back to walking this morning. Only did 2.5 miles, figure I should start back slow. I'll probably do the same thing again tonight.

It had been so long since I used the Garmin that I kinda forgot how to track my walk so I'm getting the 2.5 miles from the step count of 5100. 2000 steps is about a mile but it's not all that accurate of a way to measure. I'll play around with the "watch" and app today.

The last time I recorded my weight was on 4.27 and I was 211. After the walk today I was 224.6. So I gained 13 lbs in 2 months of completely giving up. Not as bad as I was expecting. With walking and getting back to torturing myself by being hungry all the time, I'll be able to drop that real quick.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well this is proving to be somewhat more difficult than I expected. Now that's my fault cause I totally pigged out yesterday but I'm only down 0.6 lbs to 224 even. I've bumped my walking up to 3.6 miles per walk so hopefully that will help. I'm also being really serious about intermittent fasting. I'm going to go 24 hours (including sleep) w/o eating twice a week. Right now I'm at 25:46 so I beat the 24 hour mark. I do drink a bunch of water and coffee with real sugar but no real food. Let's see if this works. It has in the past.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm back to 203. I hit 3 miles on the treadmill today. I still can't get on the treadmill twice a week.
That would probably help.

Reactions: JHDK