2026 Movies and TV Shows

There couple on that list, I stopped watching. I still include them.

There are like 31 shows on that list, I have watched.

I agree Lost and Big Bang should be on the list along with Shrinking and possibly Morning Show.

Only Murders in the Building is great, I don't know if it's top 100 material. Years ago the Walking Dead would been top 100 TV show. That show jump the shark with too many spin-offs.
 
Community is great. I don't think I saw that one on the list. But Parks and Rec was sub-par in the final season. Community fired Dan Harmon at the end of season 3 and rehired for season 5 and season 4 noticeably suffered as a result.

But he, like with Parks, had a sub-par final season when it went to Yahoo's short lived streaming service.

So Parks had 1 off season and Community had 2. That's why I give it to Parks.

But good call. I'm going to carefully read the list and mark off every show I've watched all the way through or at least a portion of to see if it changes my top 5.
 

1790474115017.webp

Red = I watched from start to finish.
Blue = I didn't see it through.

Any area of that pic that is white = holy shit it's embarrassing how much TV I watch.

I bought this book:


about Nathaniel Greene, Washington's right hand man during The Revolution, that nobody really knows, on August 2nd and my Kindle says I'm only 4% into it.

Over the years I have found the time to watch Parks and Rec, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Battlestar Galactica.....etc all the way through TWICE OR MORE!!

Going through that list of TV shows another two that I have watched all the way through multiple times are Band of Brothers and Planet Earth.......Those are the only two I can look at and not feel ashamed of myself for wasting my life away watching ridiculous nonsense when I could be learning about cool shit that happened and people that existed prior to me showing up.

At least those two taught me stuff about shit that matters.
 
Last edited:
I saw that list last night. I've seen zero full episodes of all of those shows.

At first, my wife said "What's wrong with you?" As wives do.

But after looking at the list, she's seen very little of it. My mother-in-law said the same.
 
So any show that started before 2000 (like The Sopranos) doesn't qualify, even though it may have mostly run in the 2000s. That sucks.

Anyway, here's my status:

1790611251613.webp

I'm probably somewhere in the middle between those who've seen most of them, and the odd ones who haven't watched TV. BTW, where is "This is Us"?
 
As far as ranking them, I'd list my favorites as:

1) Six Feet Under
2) Hacks
3) The Office (although it fizzled in the end)
4) Modern Family (although it fizzled in the end)
5) Curb Your Enthusiasm (although it fizzled in the end)
6) Homeland
7) Succession
8) Ted Lasso
9) Schitt's Creek
10) Severance

I don't even know why they included the limited mini-series, but these were good:

The White Lotus (essentially a different show each time)
The Queen's Gambit
Baby Reindeer
 
BTW, "Adolescence" was 4 episodes, but apparently that's good enough to push out other long running shows. And WTF is with "The Comeback" at number 23, way above "Downton Abbey", "The Handmaid's Tale", "The Bear" and "Ted Lasso"? What drugs are these people on?
 
Despite the extremely nice weather which I enjoyed driving to the movie theater, I made the decision to go to the Tuesday special at the movie theater. Though due to a mix up with the ticket girl, she put me in the $8 theater. That's the first time I goofed up because I was trying to arrive at the last minute and sneak into my seat. I came for the 1:40pm movie and she put me in the 1:50pm. I thought I just look at the schedule wrong but once I got to my seat and they were just starting the previews did I realize what had happened and they had a 1:50pm showing.

The movie was "Primetime" a movie about a TV show that had to take on "Lost" in the ratings. But the reporter was haunted by a monster (maybe the smoke monster), The monster looked spooky. All in all, with the bargain concessions, I had a nice time.
 
My latest movie at the theater today: "Verity" with Dakota Johnson and Anne Hathaway. I did not talk about this movie much but I had this one circled on my calendar since last May (for opening week). Plus I cannot go to a movie next week. so I did not want to miss it in case if flops.
But it should not flop. It was very thrilling. I think it is the best movie I've seen this year next to "Project Hail Mary" Last year I chose "Relay" and "One Battle After Another" as my best. I like it because it was about book writing, intimacy and terror. And I'm glad my Sweetie was able to go with me because it would be awkward to go alone. We compromised with 3:30 as a time we could both go. And we played a little ping pong after the movie.

The other thing is with the kiddie combo and those Welch's Gummy Packs they include with the combo. She always wants me to open her pack up and they are very hard to open. I always think I'm going to knock over my popcorn when I try to open one.
 
Back
Top Bottom