Adventures In Koopland

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by JHDK, Feb 11, 2017.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Maybe you can take the monorail pilot class next.

(I can't find the youtube with the monorail class.)

JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

that episode had both the best simpsons song and the best simpsons one liner.

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

12 hours of metro traffic school DUI class I are now in the books! it wasn't that bad, just boring. they now make me go see some sort of counselor for a few sessions but all the long stuff is behind me.

scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I are peacefully at home.

Please don't drink and drive again

HecticArt and memebag like this.
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

the putting myself and others in danger part isn't what stops me. it's the freaking 10k in fines/legal fees that keep me from even drinking anymore, let alone drinking and driving.

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Your morals seem to be questionable.

8. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

HA! if this is the first you are noticing you haven't read many of my posts.

hyson and Casual Fan like this.
  9. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Okay, real talk time. If you have an alcohol problem--like you "need" a drink to function, you binge drink often, you're drunk or buzzed at work--then get help for that. If you've done stupid shit when you've been drinking (which clearly you have), then stop doing stupid shit. A DUI does not make you an alcoholic, or even a bad person. It means you've made a mistake. The mistake may be a symptom of a bigger problem, or it may not. But don't confuse or conflate the two. If you can drink and not endanger yourself or others, then drink. If you can't, then get help for your alcohol problem.

I just felt like I needed to say that.

scotchandcigar, JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

if we are being real then yea, i hear you. the DUI happened in summer 2013. shortly after i took a trip to disney and that was the last time i drank anything. i had a serious bit of alcoholism going on from about 2011-13 but after a few rough weeks at first it was actually rather easy to just stop. since then i haven't done anything really. well i ate shrooms and smoked a bit at the phish 2014-15 new years run in miami and that was the last time i did any drugs.

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I tell ya, it was the fear of hurting others that scared the crap out of me.
    The possibility of losing a pile of my money was (is) something that I always worried about, but hurting someone else scares me.

Several years ago there was a drunk guy that went the wrong way on the highway and killed a family with kids.
    I couldn't cope with that.

semipenguin likes this.
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

everything's coming up milhouse for me these last few days. first i think i finally fixed my rear bike tire problem. i had to go back for a new tube and this time i asked the guy to put in a schrader valve to replace the existing presta valve. he had to drill into the rim to make it fit but so far the tire has kept its pressure. still needs some testing but it's already better than it was.

next up, i found a website to get my vape products that is WAY cheaper than my local store. if traffic school taught me anything it was from one of my classmates who told me about myvaporstore.com. i got a whole new kit; battery, tank, coils and liquid for $55. usually just the coils and liquid cost $60 around here so i'm delighted to have found it. it should get here this week so i hope it's as good as i'm expecting.

also publix had a sale on gevalia k cups! (yes meme i know you loathe keurig, no need to remind me.) usually they are one of the more expensive brands and a 12 pack is $9.80 but they are buy one get one this week so that makes them $4.90 or just 40 cents per cup! i'm always looking for k cup deals and usually the best i can get is green mountain from ebay for 51 cents per cup. so i wound up spending $75 on k cups and now have a stockpile for months to come.

and as i type this i'm at my dad's doing all his laundry while he naps. he can still do it himself but it's much more of a hassle for him than it is for me so it makes me feel good to be able to help him out. we will likely have a nice dinner in a couple hours.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Glad to hear it Koophouse.
    A little decent luck goes a long way.

JHDK likes this.
  14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I loathe Keurig, too

JHDK likes this.
  15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Beat me to it.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

update time!

today starts the last of the many court ordered hoops i need to jump through. at 5:30 tonight, and for the next 12 weeks, i will be going to Affordable & Convenient Counseling, LLC for 90 minute group sessions that cost $27 a pop. so 3 more months and most everything will be behind me and then i should be able to get my license back.

i will still be on probation until 1.18 but that is easy. probation meetings are literally about 3 minutes. she scans my community service sheet, asks if anything has changed since last month and then i'm out the door. oh, that reminds me. i crossed the 50 hour mark in community service this week. 100 more to go. i'm happy i found a place that is so close to me. mostly all i do is yard work for a woman who owns a consignment store. it's hard work but she is really nice and liberal with my hours so as far as one can enjoy community service it's a pretty sweet deal.

i've said it before: with all the shit i've had to do as part of my sentence, including jail, by far the worst part is the money. everything else has turned out to be way less painful than i expected.

i was breaking down all my expenses from this whole fiasco:

lawyer: i know i said 5k in my original, february post but it was actually closer 4k.
    court costs: 1.4k
    traffic school: $270
    probation: $50 per month or $600
    counseling: $27 per class + added expenses = $414

so that's $6,684 total. and i think i'm probably forgetting a thing or two in that list. how do people afford this? i'm certainly not rich but i am pretty good at saving so thankfully i am able to cover all this. there must be a ton of people worse off than i. what do you do if you simply don't have the money? i guess you violate probation and go back to jail.

in other news that i doubt applies to any of you, don't buy vape products from websites. i was all excited about my new pen when i posted here a week or 2 ago. well i got it and it leaks. the one thing a vape pen can't do is leak. so it's useless and a waste of $20. the good news is i found a new vape store around here and their liquid is way cheaper than the previous store i was frequenting because they make it in house. they set me up with a whole kit. not a pen but a full mod where you control things like airflow, wattage, amps, temp and other stuff.

[​IMG]

so i'm now off the pen and onto a full on sub olm tank and mod. with these things you get much bigger hits so you can use way less nicotine. i went from 2.4% down to .9%. so overall i guess i'm happy i wasted the money on the website cause i found this store as a result and will save a bunch of money now. added bonus is that it's 6 miles from my place so i have a nice excuse to take a 12 mile bike ride every time i need to re-up.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You could save even more money and look less douchy by just not vaping.

Evil_Ernie, HecticArt and Wolf like this.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

much like bow ties, vaping is cool.

19. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

[​IMG]

20. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Plus I see a lot of a holes on the road almost causing accident by doing this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]