All Things Amazon

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
and just to get back to more amazon related content: i pre ordered my first thing (a video game) from amazon on 11.4. it gets released to the public on 11.18 and in order for it to get to me on time it ships tomorrow. i have read a bunch of stories about pre ordered stuff showing up before the public release date so im eager to see if it will arrive early.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I pre-order from Amazon all the time. I pre-ordered Better Call Saul Season 2 as soon as it was announced. The MSRP was $66. I just got an email letting me know the price I really paid is $35 because of their low price guarantee.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I pre-order from Amazon all the time. I pre-ordered Better Call Saul Season 2 as soon as it was announced. The MSRP was $66. I just got an email letting me know the price I really paid is $35 because of their low price guarantee.

yea their prices often cant be beat. the main reason i pre ordered the game was because it was $9 cheaper than at gamestop or any of the big boxes i checked.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hopefully as a premium service separate from the cost of prime. The reason I got away from cable is paying for sports I didn't watch.

and each sport should be a separate package. i'd only be interested in nfl and nhl but i dont think they are even in talks with hockey.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We had that growing up in New Jersey. It was called "shoplifting".

there have been 2 separate times when i "stole" from one of those self checkout machines. once there was something left in my cart that i didn't scan and the other time i thought i scanned everything but an item was not on my receipt. i went back both times and made it right (because as you all know i am a pillar of moral superiority) but no one stopped me leaving the store in the first place. i thought those things were so cool when i first saw them and now i view them as a hassle and i go to a checkout person every time.

it would be neat to have no checkout at all though.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
just started my holiday shopping. i only need to get 4 people things so it's not so bad. i got my aunt one of those gold dipped roses and my uncle a super bright flashlight. both items under $50 so that's not so bad. 2 down, 2 to go and it looks like all my holiday shopping will be done through amazon this year.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I got the broad a new Kindle Oasis. She's got an iPad, but still reads a lot on her Kindle.
First gift down. No idea what else I need to do to start shopping.

Reactions: JHDK

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Got an Amazon gift card for Christmas this evening, used it to buy a record player.

All I need now is some records, may hit up a few of the local used places, and maybe Goodwill since they have a decent selection, after the first of the year.