All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I really want to go to Disney right now but I'm blacked out for Easter until the 12th.

I think I'll head back up on Monday the 12th. It will be the first time I use my newly renewed annual pass. Last year's just expired at the end of March. Once again, I certainly got more than my monies worth out of that thing. If I go 3 times I pay off the pass. Ha, 3 times. I went like 19 times with my last annual pass.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That's a good call. I really do need to get my act together in that regard. I've done it before, I can do it again.

Back to DIsney though. I watch an ungodly amount of Disney Youtube content. I watch at least a couple videos every day and then there are a few Youtubers I like who livestream from the parks and I watch that too. There is this one woman LBV TV, who will do an all day stream. IDK how she does it. She goes for like 9 hours straight. When I go to the parks I usually do like 5 hours max before needing to take a break back at the motel.

Sometimes I'll have one livestream on my computer and another on the TV at the same time. I guess it's not all that hard to see I have a bit on an addictive personality. It more or less effects everything I get into, not just the bad stuff like drinking. The walking, Disney, grocery shopping for deals, the Eagles, watches...all stuff I get into then go nuts for.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Back up at my motel. Doing 3 nights for a whopping $126.

Just got back from epcot. It was somewhat busy but that's me making stupid rookie mistakes. I was up here in time for rope drop but decided to settle into my room for a few hours and I went to the park at 1, the busiest time of day. I'm now going to head to Animal Kingdom at around 430...they close at 8...then I may head back to epcot because it's open until 11 and the crowds will be much lower at night.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Right now, for a FL resident, a 3 day park hopper would cost $308. I paid $350 for my annual pass. Now I checked and I can't seem to find out if the park hopper includes free parking if you stay off site. So if it does include parking I will only be $42 away from paying off my pass on just my first time using it. If it doesn't include parking I will already be $33 in the black since theme park parking is $25/day.

Good stuff.

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
More or less all the Disney vlogs I watch (and like I mentioned before I watch a ton of them) talk about how it's nearly impossible to get a Rise boarding group these days.

Not sure what all those people are doing because I tried right as the clock hit 7am and I got group 53. That's a later group than the ones I was getting in March and before but I still got one with no issues. Now I need the ride to stay working all day today. It was down most of yesterday.

I think I'll rope drop Hollywood this morning to get on Railway with a short line and maybe another ride or two then come back to the motel until my Rise group is called. They give you an hour from when your group is called to when you have to check into the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
In line to get into Hollywood now, they aren't letting cars in yet. The park opens at 9 but usually you can get in at least 30 mins early and most rides are running. This will be a true rope drop. I haven't done this since before the reopening.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So far so good. Railway was a true walk on at 8:30am. Then I did Tower of Terror and it was a 21 minute wait. That's about as short the line will be all day. Right now it's at a 65 minute wait. Then I did Star Tour at only a 7 minute wait.

I'm back at the motel now and the app says it's 75 minutes until my Rise group is called.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Rise was fun as always. It was a 21 minute wait even with the boarding group but that's not too bad.

After the ride I broke my rule about not buying stuff in the parks and got a Star Wars diet Coke that looks like a grenade. I thought it looked cool. It is by far the most expensive Coke I've ever bought at $6. Hah.

And I think I'm going to break my rule again tomorrow because the Space Mountain gift shop has a cool tee shirt I kinda want.

So I'm just starting my 3rd year of having an annual pass. In that time I bought food in the parks once, got those 5 pieces of art, a Figment keychain and now this thermal detonator diet Coke. I think that's still pretty good.

Reactions: goreds2 and Aaron

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Back up at my motel. Doing 3 nights for a whopping $126.

Just got back from epcot. It was somewhat busy but that's me making stupid rookie mistakes. I was up here in time for rope drop but decided to settle into my room for a few hours and I went to the park at 1, the busiest time of day. I'm now going to head to Animal Kingdom at around 430...they close at 8...then I may head back to epcot because it's open until 11 and the crowds will be much lower at night.
Did you get the fish and chips at Epcot? Mrs. goreds2 and I got them back in March. They were great. 10 bucks for a meal. We actually split one the second time we went there. You see the place just a few yards upon entering.BD95371E-B3F5-475E-B278-B232CF5DA7ED.jpeg

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Did you get the fish and chips at Epcot? Mrs. goreds2 and I got them back in March. They were great. 10 bucks for a meal. We actually split one the second time we went there. You see the place just a few yards upon entering.View attachment 6959

Yea the quick service fish and chips place right next to the Rose and Crown is great! That's one of the few places where I'll eat in the parks.

I did Disney like a pro yesterday, no rookie mistakes. I went to Hollywood 3 times. First to rope drop and get on 3 rides, then in the afternoon when my Rise group was called, then again at night when the crowds were low. I managed to do pretty much everything, Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Rise, Star Tours and I did Railway 3 times.

After the park closed at 8 I hopped over to epcot since they close at 11. I didn't do any rides, just took a leisurely stroll around the World Showcase. They were testing the stargate in the World Showcase Lagoon so it was cool to see the arms moving around even if there were no fireworks.

I tried to get a reservation at Rose and Crown in England but it was all booked so late in the night. I was then going to get the fish and chips but the line was crazy long so I decided against it.

Today is Magic Kingdom for my last day. I plan to more or less do the same thing I did with Hollywood yesterday...get there early, do Splash and 7 Dwarfs (those are the two rides that have the longest daily lines) then do some of the rides I love but are less popular like Carousel of Progress and all those. I'll probably wind up in MK at least twice today.

Reactions: goreds2 and Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
In the line waiting to drive into MK. They aren't letting cars in yet. The park opens at 8 and it's 652 now so this will be another true rope drop. I'm no Disney rookie despite my Monday mistake. There are only about 5 cars in front of me. I should be able to do both those rides I mentioned w/o any serious wait times.

Reactions: goreds2

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That worked out well. I was able to do Mine Train, Splash, Pirates and Space Mountain. The first 3 had about a 20 minute wait each and Space was only 10.

Yesterday, after I got my $6 diet coke thermal detonator, I realized that I shouldn't have drank (drank, drunk? which one is right?) it. It doesn't look as cool empty. So when I went back to the park at night I got another but then I figured I'd get the complete collection so I got a regular Coke and a Sprite too. They also make a Star Wars water but it looks like a normal water bottle. The only difference is it has that fake Star Wars language written on it.

Reactions: Aaron and Channel98