All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well, on top of being $24 deep into Star Wars Coke products I also bought a $31 tee shirt. I saw someone show it in a vlog before my trip and knew I wanted it.

It was weird. I couldn't just grab the tee off a shelf, I had to make it on some tablet-like station and then come back and pick it up a few hours later.

I spent way too much in the parks this trip.

Oh and I made 3 reservations for next week. I gotta get my disney fix in during April and May because the dark ages of 2021 begin at the start of June when I'm blacked out for 2 full months.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Well, on top of being $24 deep into Star Wars Coke products I also bought a $31 tee shirt. I saw someone show it in a vlog before my trip and knew I wanted it.

It was weird. I couldn't just grab the tee off a shelf, I had to make it on some tablet-like station and then come back and pick it up a few hours later.

I spent way too much in the parks this trip.

Oh and I made 3 reservations for next week. I gotta get my disney fix in during April and May because the dark ages of 2021 begin at the start of June when I'm blacked out for 2 full months.
That's the perfect shirt to wear, when you're luring little kids into your white van.

• Haha
Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

You need a sticker to make it look less obvious...

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
When Disneyland opened in 1955, employees – pardon me, cast members – had to adhere to a very strict dress code and a ban on facial hair. Disney started allowing mustaches in 2000 and beards and goatees (no longer than ¼ inch) in 2012. Disney has now decided to allow "gender-inclusive hairstyles" (whatever those are) and "appropriate visible tattoos" (whatever those are).

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
When Disneyland opened in 1955, employees – pardon me, cast members – had to adhere to a very strict dress code and a ban on facial hair. Disney started allowing mustaches in 2000 and beards and goatees (no longer than ¼ inch) in 2012. Disney has now decided to allow "gender-inclusive hairstyles" (whatever those are) and "appropriate visible tattoos" (whatever those are).

That story ran on the Orlando local news while I was up there. They cover a ton of Disney news up there since it such a large local employer.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Instead of buying another fancy watch, I'm thinking about getting a Universal Orlando annual pass.

I'd have to go w/the most expensive one because it's the only one that offers free parking and express passes for rides after 4pm. With the FL resident discount it is $560. And as I've said here a million times I'm not all about monthly payments so I'd have to fork that all out at once. I've only been to Universal 1 time and that was years ago but I do love wild roller coasters and they have a bunch of them. And they have a new Jurassic World coaster opening in 2 months that looks amazing. Disney will always be my true love, but I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Reactions: goreds2

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Reward yourself with that if you can stay off the booze. Might be good tradeoff.

So far there has been no drinking in April. I was recovering from my March bender for the first few days of the month, but still no drinking this month...at least not yet.

EDIT: The more I think about your idea IdRather, the more I like it. I think I'll set a no drinking goal until June. I say only June because that's when my Disney pass gets blacked out for two months. If I make it that long (and am still interested in Universal) I'll get the pass so I can still make my Orlando trips for those two months.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Boarding group 6 for Rise this morning! I'll be in the first lot of groups called. Sweet. Time for another Hollywood rope drop! Pro tip: be sure to take a screenshot of your confirmed boarding group, sometimes shit goes wrong and if that happens you have proof and guest services will still get you on the ride.

Yesterday was nice, got to see the aunt and uncle and their 2 awesome labs for like 3 hours. The younger one, who is like 7 months and they're training as a guide dog for the blind, was so excited he knocked over the fence that keeps him out of the family room to come jump on me. It was fun...Uncle Paul didn't love it though. Then headed over to Disney, got my motel room and went to epcot. After that I hopped over to Hollywood just to do Railway.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Back a Hollywood waiting for them to let cars in. I'm further back this week, probably like 10 cars ahead of me. Hopefully I'll get to do Railway and maybe Rockin Roller Coaster before 9 when my Rise group is called.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Did everything I wanted to do at Hollywood this morning and was out of there by 10am. Then did a few hours of work in the motel room, took a nap and hit epcot in the evening. As I was thinking about leaving I got a notification that one of my newer favorite Disney Youtube streamers was streaming from the park. I regularly watch their streams and join in the chat section, so I tracked them down to say hello:

I have really come to enjoy this couple's channel. They are small and as such make a real effort to interact with their community, which I like.

After that I stayed longer than expected and (along with my usual go to rides like Figment and The Land) did Test Track and Mission: Space. I usually skip Test Track because the line is super long but it was a posted 30 mins. It wound up only taking 17 mins. Good stuff.

Animal Kingdom tomorrow morning then maybe MK at night or maybe I'll go home, not sure yet.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Tomorrow is the anniversary of the grand opening of Disney's Animal Kingdom on April 22, 1998. Let us know if there are any special events or parades. Here is the ABC television special that aired on that date:

• Love
Reactions: goreds2 and JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Did everything I wanted to do at Hollywood this morning and was out of there by 10am. Then did a few hours of work in the motel room, took a nap and hit epcot in the evening. As I was thinking about leaving I got a notification that one of my newer favorite Disney Youtube streamers was streaming from the park. I regularly watch their streams and join in the chat section, so I tracked them down to say hello:

I have really come to enjoy this couple's channel. They are small and as such make a real effort to interact with their community, which I like.

After that I stayed longer than expected and (along with my usual go to rides like Figment and The Land) did Test Track and Mission: Space. I usually skip Test Track because the line is super long but it was a posted 30 mins. It wound up only taking 17 mins. Good stuff.

Animal Kingdom tomorrow morning then maybe MK at night or maybe I'll go home, not sure yet.
That’s pretty fun! I couldn’t hear everything, but I don’t think I heard a DRC shout-out.....

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

Very cool! Continue to have a good time.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
As I'm sure you all know because it's a major, national news story: The WEDWAY Peoplemover, AKA The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, AKA my 4th favorite ride in all WDW is finally back up and running after 414 days of downtime!

I'm going to have to get back up there to ride it.