DRC May Be Nearing The End.....

Sorry to hear about this. I hardly know anything about WordPress, I tried that years ago, which that didn't work out for me. I used to run old proboard site years ago. Hell, I had it connected here one time so we can discuss politics again. That didn't work out well as I closed that section. Now half of those users are not here anymore. I could always get another proboard site up and running again. Anyone have any good suggestions of a new forum name?
 
Last edited:
For the fun of it I asked chatgpt for a forum name.

Think of a creative forum name as we can discuss music, sports, politics, technology, just about anything?

ChatGPT said:​

Here are a bunch of creative and versatile forum name ideas that fit a community where you can talk about anything — music, sports, politics, tech, and beyond:

Modern & Catchy​

  1. The Chat Nexus
  2. EchoSphere
  3. TalkRealm
  4. VibeVerse
  5. OpenThread
  6. ForumX
  7. The Pulse Hub
  8. ThinkTank Café
  9. The Discourse Den
  10. CommonGround

Creative & Fun​

  1. BuzzBunker
  2. TopicTavern
  3. Brainwave Lounge
  4. Riff & Rant
  5. AllTalk Nation
  6. Infinite Banter
  7. ThreadHeadz
  8. MindMosh
  9. The Noise Floor
  10. Culture Circuit

Community-Focused​

  1. UnityForum
  2. CrossTalk
  3. The Agora (ancient Greek for “meeting place”)
  4. The RoundTable
  5. Open Exchange
  6. TalkVerse
  7. Global Chatter
  8. The Collective Mind
  9. CommonBeat
  10. TalkPortal
Would you like the forum name to sound more serious and professional, fun and casual, or edgy and modern? I can narrow it down to a few perfect options depending on the tone you want.

You said:​

more serious and professional

ChatGPT said:​

Perfect — aiming for a serious, professional, and intelligent tone, something that sounds credible yet open to broad discussion.
Here are some refined, professional forum name ideas across a few style categories:

Intellectual & Thoughtful​

  1. The Forum Exchange
  2. The Agora Network
  3. CivicSphere
  4. Open Discourse
  5. The Insight Forum
  6. The Discourse Collective
  7. MindBridge
  8. The Dialogue Hub
  9. The Idea Exchange
  10. The Thought Forum

Modern & Professional​

  1. ForumOne
  2. NexusTalk
  3. PulsePoint Forum
  4. The Roundtable Network
  5. ThinkConnect
  6. The Summit Forum
  7. CivicNexus
  8. ThinkSpace
  9. The Exchange Room
  10. The Network Forum

Polished & Corporate-Friendly​

  1. InsightCentral
  2. OpenForum Global
  3. The Discussion Network
  4. Convergent Voices
  5. ForumBridge
  6. Global Roundtable
  7. IdeaSphere
  8. The Thought Exchange
  9. Dialogus (Latin-inspired, means “dialogue”)
  10. ThinkAlliance

If you tell me the vibe or audience (e.g., public community, professionals, intellectuals, general users, etc.), I can shortlist 3–5 names that would fit perfectly for your forum’s branding and domain (like .com, .net, etc.).
Would you like me to refine it that way?

You said:​

try edgy and modern

ChatGPT said:​

Nice — going for an edgy and modern vibe means something that feels bold, smart, and has attitude — a place where debates, ideas, and culture collide. Think names that sound sleek, memorable, and brandable.
Here are some strong options, grouped by tone:

⚡ Bold & Minimal​

  1. Threadline
  2. TalkCore
  3. EchoNet
  4. DisruptForum
  5. PulseGrid
  6. MindSync
  7. AxisTalk
  8. ForumX
  9. The Node
  10. NeonForum

Futuristic & Tech-Driven​

  1. MetaThread
  2. Voxel (“voxel” = 3D pixel — sounds techy and sharp)
  3. SynapseHub
  4. The Nexus
  5. CircuitTalk
  6. ZeroPoint Forum
  7. HiveMind
  8. DataLounge
  9. EchoVerse
  10. NeuraNet

️ Cultural & Conversational Edge​

  1. TalkRebel
  2. Crossfire Forum
  3. NoiseRoom
  4. DebateLab
  5. OpenSignal
  6. ThreadRiot
  7. The Junction
  8. The Pulse Room
  9. VibeForum
  10. IdeaRift

If you’re planning to brand or get a domain, I can check which ones are available as .com or .net and help you pick something that looks great as a logo and URL.
Would you like me to check which of these have available domains and social handles?

You said:​

try fun and casual

ChatGPT said:​

Awesome — going fun and casual means something that feels like a hangout: lighthearted, welcoming, and easy to remember. Perfect for a community where you can talk about anything — from music and sports to random life stuff.
Here are some great fun and casual forum name ideas, grouped by vibe

Friendly & Playful​

  1. ChatterBox
  2. TalkVille
  3. Bantr (a slick, modern twist on “banter”)
  4. The Hangout Spot
  5. ChatHaven
  6. Talkaholics
  7. ThreadHeads
  8. The Lounge Room
  9. The Banter Bar
  10. ChatShack

Cool & Modern Internet Vibes​

  1. VibeHub
  2. TalkZone
  3. BuzzLoop
  4. The ChillThread
  5. ForumFam
  6. The Vibe Den
  7. Talktopia
  8. OpenMic Forum
  9. TopicTown
  10. ThreadHaus

Laid-Back & Community Hangout Feel​

  1. The Common Room
  2. Talk Tavern
  3. The Breakroom
  4. OffTopic Café
  5. Coffee & Chatter
  6. The Social Thread
  7. The Daily Rant
  8. HangoutHub
  9. The Discussion Pit
  10. Topic Pub
 
I’m glad I just recovered and updated all the madness spreadsheets. Might lose access to all the old threads. Also I am up to date to kingchuck WAI game. I don’t have all the old ATW themes info listed anymore. That would take quite some time to update.
 
I like ChatterBox, TalkVille and TalkZone. I am on Sirius Buzz. There are not many regular posters. Everyone here could get an account there if this site shuts down.
 
I am on Sirius Buzz. There are not many regular posters. Everyone here could get an account there if this site shuts down.
I think this is a good option. I believe it was mentioned that the people hosting the site will keep it running. It's structured very similar to DRC, because it was setup for the same purpose. Also, the name works.
Aaron and I could continue to moderate a new site, but neither of us can handle the server side of things. (Neither of us will moderate a forum with politics.)
I don't know how to put this gently, but 100% of the politics forum (and 95% of the other forums) are Channel98 (aka Rewind). Listener is the other active contributor to the overall forum (not politics). So my point is that we know the main active users on that site, which should allow us to better come up with a plan.
 
I like ChatterBox, TalkVille and TalkZone. I am on Sirius Buzz. There are not many regular posters. Everyone here could get an account there if this site shuts down.
I registered on SiriusBuzz as well, haven't posted anything yet. I do agree, we could all go over there. Hectic, Aaron won't be mods over there. Unless there is someone still actively keeping the site clean. It would be nice to interact with new people, instead just having like about 15 us starting a new forum. Also, I thought SiriusBuzz goes down every now and then.
 
Mister scotch, I have begged and pleaded – to no avail – for others to participate on Sirius Buzz so it is more than just my personal blog. (I am Rewind on that site. That was the name of the daily column I wrote for 13 years on the now-defunct LARadio site.)

SiriusBuzz was down for a few days in June. In August, 19 days of posts – everybody's – inexplicably disappeared. The site has had no other issues. My big complaint is that the home page has not been updated since 2015! Mister Hectic, Charles has the same problem as you. Russian trolls join the site and he keeps removing them and blocking them.

Что они планировали делать?
 
Mister scotch, I have begged and pleaded – to no avail – for others to participate on Sirius Buzz so it is more than just my personal blog.
I understand. I'm not blaming you for the general lack of participation, rather I'm pointing out that the active forums - including the problematic politics forum - are thankfully not full of sparring and insulting members. It's much easier for us to move over to that site, if we're not disrupting contentious debates among existing members.

But having said that, it's worth discussing the merits of posting to a member site as if it's your own personal blog. There's no debate or discussion going on, probably because few people are actively participating in the site, and people like Listener don't want to start debating politics. Going forward, if we seriously entertain the idea of moving over there, we'd have to deal with the politics forum, which is just you.
 
There is one person on SiriusBuzz who is a rabid supporter of [NAME REDACTED] and has spewed a few nasty hateful comments toward other members – but he doesn't post very often. I would love to see more participation in the political forum – as long as people remain civil. That didn't happen on XMFan though.
 
Other forums do not enjoy a politics free atmosphere like we have here. Several threads on other forums I treat as no-go zones since it is just constant back and forth and crap.
 
There is one person on SiriusBuzz who is a rabid supporter of [NAME REDACTED] and has spewed a few nasty hateful comments toward other members – but he doesn't post very often. I would love to see more participation in the political forum – as long as people remain civil. That didn't happen on XMFan though.
Other forums do not enjoy a politics free atmosphere like we have here. Several threads on other forums I treat as no-go zones since it is just constant back and forth and crap.
The politics forum was closed here, and on a couple of other forums I'm a member of, for good reason. And nobody is changing anyone's mind anyway.

The reason I brought it up, is because the politics forum on SiriusBuzz has basically turned into a personal blog for Channel98. And so I'm wondering if he'd be willing to give up that bit of a cathartic outlet, for the overall viability of the site, as the new home for us DRC members. I'm sure there are plenty of other forums one can join to discuss politics.
 
The politics forum was closed here, and on a couple of other forums I'm a member of, for good reason. And nobody is changing anyone's mind anyway.

The reason I brought it up, is because the politics forum on SiriusBuzz has basically turned into a personal blog for Channel98. And so I'm wondering if he'd be willing to give up that bit of a cathartic outlet, for the overall viability of the site, as the new home for us DRC members. I'm sure there are plenty of other forums one can join to discuss politics.
Do I have to give up my cathartic outlet about rainbow sherbet?
 
Last edited:
Mister scotch, I can start making fewer political posts than I have been but I am not going to quit entirely. Nobody has to go to the political threads. And beginning January 21, 2029, I doubt I will have as much to say, if you get my meaning.
 
I posted my thought in the political forum. :p

It's an area, I still rather avoid from time to time.
 
Last edited:
If the lights go out here before we come up with a different/better idea, plan on meeting at SiriusBuzz. I started an account there a couple of months ago.

I do like the idea being a civilian again, but would be OK with helping Charles out a bit if he was interested.

There aren’t any other music forums that people check out?
We aren’t tied to the satellite theme.
 
I have tried to write Charles about updating the SiriusBuzz home page, getting rid of the ten-year-old stories on it and letting me write some new columns – but his mailbox on SiriusBuzz is full.....and has been for a long time. Maybe someone can contact him through his website. It would be nice if he added a new forum for "Games" so kingchuck can continue doing "Who Am I?"
 
Here is Charles' home page, Think Wired – and SiriusBuzz is not mentioned. I wonder why.

The guy has real jobs that keep him busy.
If the Buzz only has a couple of active users, I can understand it not being something that he devotes a lot of time into updating.

I have tried to write Charles about updating the SiriusBuzz home page, getting rid of the ten-year-old stories on it and letting me write some new columns – but his mailbox on SiriusBuzz is full.....and has been for a long time. Maybe someone can contact him through his website. It would be nice if he added a new forum for "Games" so kingchuck can continue doing "Who Am I?"
We've gotten lots of offers to help edit DRC. The couple of folks that we did give access to turned out to be more problem than they were worth.
I can understand him not wanting to let randos get inside.
 
I just signed up at Buzz also.
Since I’m not moderating there, the presence of a political forum makes me less difference. Avoid it if I want to or find something to say if I feel the need.
 
Back
Top Bottom