IdRatherBeSkiing's Top 20 (Sunday, June 21st, 2020 version)

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Ah. Some of that was me f'ing up (I'm seeing now I even put "Knights" instead of "Nights" D'OH). Some was me just being brief and not getting too deep. Some was just me not knowing the full story (evidently "Nights" went to 108 in 1967, then was reissued in 1972 and did muchly betterly). Anyhoo thanks for the explanation. Was just curious if Octave was one of those 'phantom' albums people skipped over.

For decades, I had no idea the Cars released Door To Door in 1987. I thought Heartbeat City was their last album of the 1900s (aside from the greatest hits).

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I can understand loving it or disliking it; I don't understand indifference.
I can listen to the song on the radio. I won't change the channel. I don't own the song or have any desire to hear it. If I found out it was playing on a different channel, I would not go to that channel. If I had it listed as a choice of several channels, it would not be my first choice (unless the other channel was playing the nameless horse song). I am indifferent to it. I neither like it or dislike it. I have no response to the song.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
That reminds me. I've got that box in my basement. Been sitting there since last June. As some of you know from my earlier post about it in a different thread, I have to decide am I getting the camera or crapping in a box. Feedback opinion has been 50/50 on which way to go.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Today's ****

Walking In Memphis - Marc Cohn
Somebody was talking about this song a couple days ago ....

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

The Warrior (feat. Patty Smyth) - Scandal

Was It You - Stonebolt

Wasted on the Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Outside of your posts about them, I've never heard of them. So I guess each video by them is brand new to me. Or maybe it's my Alzheimer's.
They are a Canadian group. Never broke across the border. I just found it amusing you have made that comment several times about them.

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Today's ****
Only 4 today as I had in my list "We Are the Champions" by Queen alone. It will be with "We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions" a bit later on.

Wave Babies - Honeymoon Suite

The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & The Range

We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) - Tina Turner

We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Busy Day tomorrow so here is tomorrow's ****. Since I only have 4 entries ("We Will Rock You" is in my list as a solo entry), please enjoy this bonus track from Stonebolt.

Queen of the Night - Stonebolt

Now on with the ****: Moving onto page 17 of 18, songs 541 - 545.
We Live for Love - Pat Benatar

We Run - Strange Advance

We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Queen
Including the Live Aid version here. That whole performance from Queen was out of this world.

Welcome to Paradise - Green Day

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Queen of the Night - Stonebolt

I grew up on this song! My mother used to sing it to me at night before bed. It was our first dance song at our wedding. And my son played it at his piano recital when he was eight to a roaring ovation! Just kidding, this is the first time I've ever heard this band. Are they new to the scene?

We Live for Love - Pat Benatar

Why do I not remember this song at all? It can't be the first time I've heard it, but it doesn't sound familiar at all. I feel a bit like someone who just saw a magic trick and can't explain it, kinda dumbfounded. I expected to recognize it.

We Run - Strange Advance

First time hearing. New wavy!

We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Queen

Classic.

Welcome to Paradise - Green Day

I've hated these guys right from their 'masturbation has lost its fun' first hit. I do like "Time Of Your Life" but wish someone else who doesn't have a 24/7 head cold sang it instead. But man oh man I'm in a very very small minority on this. People love these guys, even the newer generations.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Are they new to the scene?

Why do I not remember this song at all?

But man oh man I'm in a very very small minority on this. People love these guys, even the newer generations.
I'd bet money that none of his favorites are "new to the scene".

That's probably my favorite Benatar song, but it doesn't get much rotation these days.

For people that like punk and garage rock, yes, you're in a very small minority.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Why do I not remember this song at all? It can't be the first time I've heard it, but it doesn't sound familiar at all. I feel a bit like someone who just saw a magic trick and can't explain it, kinda dumbfounded. I expected to recognize it.
Stonebolt opened for Pat on that tour, so you probably would know both that song and Stonebolt if you had just gone to the concert.