Local News

Today when we first heard the news of another school shooting, we probably assumed the shooter was a male. Since 1982 in the United States, only four mass shootings – defined as "a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims are killed" – have been carried out by females. Today's shooter at Abundant Life Christian School was a 15-year-old female student armed with a handgun. She killed a teacher and a classmate, wounded six others, then took her own life. Two students who were shot remain in critical condition.

 
Abundant Life Shooter Natalie Rupnow Pictured Wearing Same 'KMFDM' Shirt As Columbine Shooter

natalie-rupnow.jpg
 
You'd think that would be a sign to the parents, but apparently not.
The photo on the left was posted by her dad to social media. They didn't need a sign. They were holding the sign.

natalie-rupnow.png

To be honest, until right now I had no idea what t-shirt the Columbine shooters wore.
I knew they listened to KMFDM and talked about them on the internet. But didn't know one was wearing their shirt.
 
Cbs was my go-to for local news. The anchors were this Spanish lady and this dude who looked like he was a frat guy and then this other guy who I called newsboy who stood off to the side and read the secondary stories and wasn't allowed to sit down. It was a fun dynamic. Well they fired frat guy. So now I have to find a new channel and it sucks. I tweeted with frat guy and he explained what went down.


 
We had a stretch of SUPER hot weather girls up here for a while.
When a new hottie would come on air, I always knew it wouldn't take long for them to jump to larger markets with better pay.
I never bothered to see where any of them landed, but I should have just for winks and giggles.

I think our current ones are going to be around for a while.....
 
We had a stretch of SUPER hot weather girls up here for a while.

Somehow.... And you will never hear me say this again but....

Toledo > Miami

You throw a rock around here and you can hit at worst an 8.5 and that's not a Toledo 8.5. that's a Miami, LA, New York 8.5. you throw a rock with a little bit of discretion and you can easily hit a 9.5.

Yet our weather girls are not hot. It's like they are actively trying to not have hot weather girls. I mean they're not unattractive but they're old or pregnant. One of them is pregnant right now, so no thanks there. One is so skinny she looks like she needs an intervention. One of them is probably in her '60s.

I guess the farm team is in Toledo and then they go everywhere else in the country except here in Miami. I think I've uncovered a conspiracy.
 
Last edited:
It's like they are actively trying to not have hot weather girls.
I think that is probably the case. The whole stereotype of the ditzy hot weather-girl really is a something that we should have evolved out of decades ago.
I mean, I wasn't going to take a stand and boycott the news, but it makes sense.
 
Boston is a good market for hot news and weather people. Maine is a whole different thing; very low-key and less professional. They have a hard time finding people who can read the prompter, never mind what they look like.
 
Back
Top Bottom