The Random Post Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm the family gossip I guess.

I heard from one aunt that the other aunt got hurt on a vacation and was specifically told not to tell my dad...well the next thing I do after I hear the news is tell pops.

I know she didn't want me to tell him cause we all know he's 91 and no one wants to add extra stress to his life but I also know he would want to know and be pissed at me if he found out I kept it from him. The old Dutchman is more resilient than they give him credit for. Shit, the guy lived through a concentration camp, I'm pretty sure he can handle some bad news even at his age. Anyway, he was grateful I told him. Here's to hoping it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sh-sh-shark!!!!!!!
jaws-movie-poster.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I wonder if this stunt would work here in Los Angeles. It's certainly worth a try. Of course we would need around 175,000 cakes.......

Complaining didn't work, so a man threw a birthday party for a pothole. Within days, the city fixed it.

A man threw a birthday party for a 3-month-old pothole on his street desperate to get the city's attention - CNN

View attachment 5397
On the subject of getting people's attention, it always burns me up when a local news channel's investigative team needs to be employed to get a consumer's money back from some unscrupulous company. The consumer has spent 6 months tirelessly trying to contact the company, and often has gotten dozens of broken promises. Then the news team comes along, and the money is immediately refunded, often with a statement from the company about their integrity, and how they value their customers. Complete bullshit.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
David Lazarus, a consumer affairs reporter and investigative journalist for the Los Angeles Times and KTLA-Channel 5, frequently gets letters and emails from people who have gotten ripped off by auto dealers, airlines, insurance companies or other businesses. Lazarus contacts the businesses and lets them know he's writing a newspaper column and – lo and behold! – the situation is resolved exactly as Mister scotch described. His columns can be viewed at

Consumer Confidential

David Lazarus (@Davidlaz) | Twitter

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
David Lazarus, a consumer affairs reporter and investigative journalist for the Los Angeles Times and KTLA-Channel 5, frequently gets letters and emails from people who have gotten ripped off by auto dealers, airlines, insurance companies or other businesses. Lazarus contacts the businesses and lets them know he's writing a newspaper column and – lo and behold! – the situation is resolved exactly as Mister scotch described. His columns can be viewed at

Consumer Confidential

David Lazarus (@Davidlaz) | Twitter

KNBC used to have a consumer advocate, but I can't remember his name.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Today we mingled with the unwashed
masses at the "vacationer" beach (Long Sands). It was a nice change of pace.
20190703_153603_resized.jpg
Btw, just to the right of the woman in the black one-piece is the Nubble Lighthouse.

Reactions: semipenguin