Adventures In Koopland

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So my rent has gone up.

I was anticipating this for a while now. I've lived (or at least been paying rent every month) here for over 2.5 years now. At the 2 year mark I assumed this would happen at some point so I've been saving my rent as though it was the raise I was anticipating. Turns out it's not as much a hike as I guessed so that's good. Anyway, including the hike, I currently have 7 months of rent saved. I put aside money just for that, then I know that cash is untouchable. And that 7 months is if I add nothing to it between now and then, which of course isn't the case. And if shit got really crazy, I could dip into my real savings...but the whole point of earmarking money just for rent is to avoid that. So while rent going up always sucks, turns out it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I wish. That would have saved me a lot of heartache...and money. (hah, freaking talking about paying rent.)

But I'm on to a new one now who seems to actually like me as much as I like her. Let's see how long it takes me to screw this one up.
But maybe just as real.

As long as you like her more than Jack Daniels you should be good.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sometimes I think about how while there are many aspects of my life that I'd like to improve, overall I am very lucky to be where I am. I mean I spent the last 2 day at Disney World, I have a car that can easily take me there and back w/o worry and then when I get home I can sit around with my sweet candle and watch BSG on a giant screen with Disney art as the backdrop. I'm barely employed at the moment (like 25-30 hours/week) and I can still think about buying incredibly unneeded stuff like watches. Things could always be better, but they could also be a whole lot worse.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So I have a bald spot on the top of my head and i'm pretty sure the only way to handle this is straight up suicide.

It's been a good run.

btw/i'm joking...you don't need to call a hotline or something.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So I have a bald spot on the top of my head and i'm pretty sure the only way to handle this is straight up suicide.

It's been a good run.

btw/i'm joking...you don't need to call a hotline or something.
Oddly, I didn't know about mine until I saw myself on the Ring front door camera. I have curly hair, so when I put my hand on that area, I feel hair. But visually, it apparently looks bald. It's quite disconcerting.

Now I wait for the inevitable meeting between my receding hairline and the growing bald spot. That'll be time to pack it up.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Were you born from C-section? If you were, you probably have a nice, round cranium. Just shave your head.

I have a funny shaped head. I still take some clippers and cut all my hair off. And I’m not even going bald.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
One of my biggest (vanity) fears.. I don't want to go bald. Gladly for me, hasn't started yet.

Not that there's anything wrong with baldness

Last edited: