Adventures In Koopland

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
not drinking...yet.

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna be single for the rest of my life. Kinda a bummer.
Good for you about not drinking.

Nothing wrong with being single. If you can be happy being single, you actually become more attractive to the females who have a sixth sense for desperation. I was mainly single till I was almost 40. Once I got confortable with it, the girls sensed that an took care of that. I think they have a group pact that no guy can be allowed to be happy and single.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Nah. Once COVID is over, you figure out how to deal with issues without drinking, it'll fall into place.

You may need to wait for Wolf to be single again too......

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok, I have thought about this post. If you decide to read on please understand that this will be what I am calling a stream of consciousness, open ended, lifestyle rambling diary post.

You still in? Well don't say I didn't warn you.

Like 85% of the time I am 100% delighted with my life. Let's break down the good parts/85% first. Through luck of the draw (thanks being born to cool parents) and a small amount of work and you know, being loving to people, I've been able to create a life for myself where I have somewhat of a head on my shoulders, a few family members I love as much as life and a pet that I would rather die than see anything bad happen to. I am very far from rich (I'm clearly working class) but I've never had to seriously worry about bills or stuff like that or even work very hard. I'm kinda lazy (I very much enjoy wasting hours away w/TV and internet) and yet I've figured out a way to live that way and still be good financially. I've found a way where while I would like to have more money, the money I have is more than enough for a single guy to live a kinda awesome life, but it could be better. Plus I can pretty much have fun whenever I want. Wanna go have fun at a Vida Blue show in Little Havana on like a Tuesday? Like $120 for the whole night, total, no worries...with buying girls a few drinks and ya know, like 50/50 things may happen. Just play the numbers game after meeting some cutie Spanish randos. More importantly, Disney. WDW is a thing I truly love. I understand it's kinda weird but it's a hobby I love and it brings me great joy. Every single time I drive into epcot and see Spaceship Earth, or see the Castle from the monorail or just see the Disney archway while driving onto the property it brings me elated happiness. I live a life where I can do that like 30 times a year. I know it's nostalgia and family thoughts that bring me most of that elation but I don't care. It's just nice to be happy.

So there's the good stuff...and it's pretty good. But some of the good stuff also bleeds into the bad stuff.

Here we go, the 15%...

Companionship, mentality and money.

I told ya I'm lazy. Ya don't get serious relationships at 37 when you barely want to work and watch TV and play Nintendo and go to Disney all day. Also if ya want to get married and shit ya gotta be at least somewhat ambitious. I don't have that. My last 2 ex's...I think I told you about them....the Jewish girl and Memphis girl??? I told you abt them right? I completely lied to them about my job (they never found out. One ghosted me and I ghosted the other after a few fun dates each.) The one I actually loved, 3 ex's ago, I fucked up with being a drinker. I've I stopped the substance stuff before for rather long periods so at least I know how to, but when bad shit happens I kinda find my way back to it. So fuck. I would like to have a woman in my life that could become a wife but my head is fucked up for multiple reasons I mentioned and what girl would want to hitch her wagon to that shit? Like 2 years from now I will have some pretty serious money but in the meantime I will very likely fuck everything up. Not to say I'm not incredibly generous. When I'm with someone I want to start things with I'm totally willing to let all my time and stuff go to them. But also, I don't love putting myself out there. I mean ya know, getting laid is one thing that's not (super) difficult when the need arises but at my age I want something more. And I don't really have any close friends either, besides my roomie (plus not to be gay but you guys too, and Wolf. Not sure that he counts though because I do actually want to engage in intercourse with him.) So that kinda sucks too. How do you make friends as an adult man? Just seems weird.

Alright, alright...fuck everything. Now I'm getting upset. I made it clear this was a stream of consciousness shit. I'll figure it out or I won't. I don't need any help or advice from you guys...sorry, not trying to be mean. I just wanted to rant and clearly DRC has been my diary (a man shouldn't have a diary) since like 2006. Strong, silent (and sometimes silly) type is best. Besides the silly, I guess I'm not that.

I am well aware I live a life that could me WAY worse. Like I said, 85% is REALLY good times. This fella's life is pretty damn good.

If ya made it this far I guess shit, sorry ya had to read all that nonsense. So there it is, all laid out. Hah. Hope it was slightly entertaining.

EDIT: I double type simple verbs and conditionals a lot like "can" and "if". Then I feel the need to go back and edit them out of my posts so I don't sound like an illiterate asshole. Boom. This is my second edit today where I felt the need to show you guys I have at least a minor command of English writing.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
We are just about the opposite type of people. I've hardly been unattached to someone for any time during my adult life. I guess if things went differently for me, I'd learn to be a single guy; but that hasn't been my experience to date. I've always desired not to be alone, and this is where I ended up.

I guess you have to get to a point, where your need to settle down outweighs your desire to not give a fuck. Maybe you won't; perhaps it's not for you.

Reactions: JHDK

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Very entertaining post koop, also good that you can analyze your life like that. You'll meet the right person one day. Or Wolf will come around.

I got married at 23 and been married ever since.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was effectively single not necessarily by choice for 38 years. Then I was in 2 really serious relationships back to back. The second is ongoing and hopefully till death due us part unless I find a way to screw it up.

Not quite accurate (the kissing part) but sort of.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Very entertaining post koop, also good that you can analyze your life like that. You'll meet the right person one day. Or Wolf will come around.

I got married at 23 and been married ever since.

Thanks Aaron, that gave me a bit of a boost and I appreciate it.

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well. I just sent that post to my one aunt and not she' t calling me back.

So I may burnt that bridge. I love the woman. It it will make me very sad if that's over.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I jus fucked my life and shared that post w he aunt I thought I could trust.

She said it was cool but we normally chat for like an hour then she hung up after lie 15 mins.

Guess we'll see what happens. FUCK!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Are you doing coke today?
You seem a little manic and paranoid.

No worries man. Chill and give it a little time. Everything will work out.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
55770406.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

I think he hit his post limit for the month.

Oh this one was bad guys, even by my very low standards. I didn't get arrested and no one got hurt or anything like that but this one tops the canal story in terms of most embarrassing Koop moments. Especially cause that was like 10+ years ago so I can blame it on be stupid in my 20's. I'll get into it at some point.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Nah guys, after Sunday I'm done with that stuff. I'm even seriously considering moving. I've been thinking about being closer to Disney and family anyway so now may be the time.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Quick weird ass message...

I keep Hendrik's ashes in my trunk. Sometimes I talk to them like a complete fucking insane person.

I guess it's like Al Swearengen talking to that Indian head in a box.

I gotta spread them at some point, just haven't really found the right time yet.

BTW/Hendrik kept Mary Ann's ashes in a closet for like 4 years before we went on a boat and dumped them into the sea.