Local News

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Keep fucking that chicken? :spit:

What was he trying to say but failed?

I think he wanted to say, "keep pluckin' that chicken" but it did not come out quite right. He apologized the next night.

The best part is the look on the co-anchor's (Dari Alexander) face when they cut to the three shot. She usually has the emotion of a shoe, but actually showed some personality for a quick second. Also when they teased the upcoming segment of the same Dari Alexander hitting the gym, he makes some borderline creepy comments.

Ernie Anastos and Sue Simmons on the WNBC clip are market legends...so it's not like they had to worry about anything. Just funny to me.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think he wanted to say, "keep pluckin' that chicken" but it did not come out quite right. He apologized the next night.

The best part is the look on the co-anchor's (Dari Alexander) face when they cut to the three shot. She usually has the emotion of a shoe, but actually showed some personality for a quick second. Also when they teased the upcoming segment of the same Dari Alexander hitting the gym, he makes some borderline creepy comments.

Ernie Anastos and Sue Simmons on the WNBC clip are market legends...so it's not like they had to worry about anything. Just funny to me.

Limegrass, you seem very media-savvy. Do you work in the field or are you just a media junkie?

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Here's my local newscast ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zafbY8JoBv8]YouTube - SCTV - News Featuring Earl Eating Dinner[/ame]

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
More details. It's only a matter of time. I hope you keep good beer in the fridge.

I think it's Extra Gold at the moment, more of quantity over quality at the moment. Probaby making a beer run tomorrow, probably get some Widmer Drop Top Ale....

Bad thing about Denver is it's too cold to bring in the hot weather girls, and if a station gets one, they don't stick around long

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I like channel 5 news with Jan and Wayne Skylar, the only married news team in the tri-county area.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeyqS9BDPds]YouTube - Tim and Eric: Dr. Steve Brule, For Your Wine - Adult Swim (Official)[/ame]

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU95v23MQ4c]YouTube - "Weird Al" Yankovic - Headline News[/ame]

:D

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I walk/bike/drive past this apartment/townhome complex at least twice a day. It's probably less than a mile from my place.

Today on my morning walk I noticed all these cop cars. I counted and there were 15. The place was all taped off with that crime scene tape and there was one of those giant, RV like police forensic units there. There was also a news van. I asked the news guy what happened but couldn't really hear his response cause I still had one headphone in and didn't want to break my stride (on the route I take I pass this place when I deep into my walk, like 3.5 miles in). Anyway I got home to find out someone got shot to death.

Interesting.