Local News

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
A special plate, like my lobster plate, is like $20 a year. The money helps the fishing industry. It always goes to something, it's not just a state fee.

That's cool. My mom got my dad an owl plate at one point when we were in PA but I could swear it was just a one time payment to get it. That was back in the late 90's though.

I'd like that manatee plate, I just really hate adding extra (non one-time) payments to my life. God knows we all already have enough of those.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
OK, now this story, which was first posted in another thread, has taken a bizarre turn.

We know the kid. We spent many summers hanging out with his parents on Salisbury beach, where they had a summer home. One summer we rented next to them. Our kids hung out with their kids. We all spent time there together. He now lives in Kingston.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Don't go to any birthday parties they host. Who knows how far that candy is gonna fly when the piñata breaks open...
About 5 years ago (or thereabouts), we dropped them off our list of friends, as they were in a downward spiral. The wife - who had been a coworker of Mrs. Scotch - was repeatedly falling off the wagon. And the husband was having open affairs. It was time for us to get out of dodge.

Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Don't go to any birthday parties they host. Who knows how far that candy is gonna fly when the piñata breaks open...
They don't use a bat on the pinata, they use a bazooka.
About 5 years ago (or thereabouts), we dropped them off our list of friends, as they were in a downward spiral. The wife - who had been a coworker of Mrs. Scotch - was repeatedly falling off the wagon. And the husband was having open affairs. It was time for us to get out of dodge.
Those are definitely the kind of people to purge from your scene. Way too much drama.

Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Were those employees not vaccinated that they so strongly want required masking to continue?
Article doesn't say.
Some of the employees may be under 18, and haven't gotten a vaccine yet. But in general, if your job involves interfacing with hundreds of possibly unvaccinated people every day, there's still a risk.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
First you can't go in the water, now you can't lick the beach.

It's funny that they know it's bugs, but not what kind, or why they all killed themselves.