The Random Post Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Only having 2 thumbs in 2021 is basically the same as being handicapped.

Stirring coffee while holding the cup, both with the same hand, is really cool.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Here we have an entry into "the most obvious studies ever" category:

"We believe reasons positive emotions might increase from 2pm to 11pm could be that individuals may be re-energized by their lunch and starting to think about their evening. But negative emotions also increase during this period, suggesting a more complex pattern which could be investigated in further studies."

They're already thinking about doing more studies. I bet that's causing more positive emotions among the researchers' tweets. Perhaps the Swiss can study the Norwegian researchers.

In related news, researchers find that men feel an increasing sense of euphoria leading up to - and in the early stages of - an orgasm. However, they found that these feelings quickly subside as the orgasm ends, while thoughts of food rapidly increase.

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Here we have an entry into "the most obvious studies ever" category:

"We believe reasons positive emotions might increase from 2pm to 11pm could be that individuals may be re-energized by their lunch and starting to think about their evening. But negative emotions also increase during this period, suggesting a more complex pattern which could be investigated in further studies."

They're already thinking about doing more studies. I bet that's causing more positive emotions among the researchers' tweets. Perhaps the Swiss can study the Norwegian researchers.

In related news, researchers find that men feel an increasing sense of euphoria leading up to - and in the early stages of - an orgasm. However, they found that these feelings quickly subside as the orgasm ends, while thoughts of food rapidly increase.
So I could turn professional and get paid to study BOTH of those things?!?!?!
:banana:
Does the job have dental and a 401k?

I think I’ll take the research to the next level and study the effects of orgasms AT work WITH Norwegian scientists. Nobel Prize, here I come!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"The mirror's secret is I'm losing my hair"...

FUCK ME.

I'm pretty sure I'm 2 years away at best to shaving my head all the way. Pulling a full Agassi.

Everything's right...Just hold tight.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm 37 and have a straight up bald spot in the back and the front is thinning. I'm pretty sure the only answer is suicide. I used to have such nice thick hair. I had a ponytail at one point. My fam tells me it's not so bad but that's just cause they don't want me to kill myself.

Now of course I'm joking but it is really disturbing to me.

At least I'm not as bad as Hendrik. He had the horseshoe at like 25.

The only man in the history of humans who has a cool looking horseshoe is Larry David.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I had a friend who started balding in his early 20s. He had that stringy long blonde hair like a death metal guitarist (and he was a death metal guitarist). He just decided to shave it back then and move forward with that look, which he also pulled off well (he added a bad-ass Scott Ian-style goatee).

When he had hair, he used to take his thumbs and start in front of his ears, then move them around his ear to the back of his neck in order to push his long hair back all the time. It was funny to watch him continue doing that as a continued habit for several months after having shaved his head. We'd both chuckle each time he did it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I had a friend who started balding in his early 20s. He had that stringy long blonde hair like a death metal guitarist (and he was a death metal guitarist). He just decided to shave it back then and move forward with that look, which he also pulled off well (he added a bad-ass Scott Ian-style goatee).

When he had hair, he used to take his thumbs and start in front of his ears, then move them around his ear to the back of his neck in order to push his long hair back all the time. It was funny to watch him continue doing that as a continued habit for several months after having shaved his head. We'd both chuckle each time he did it.
I still when I shower have to run the water back on my head to keep the water from running down my hair into my eyes. Old habits die hard. And its been over 20 years now. I can still feel the hair blow in the breeze on a summer day as well. I think its the same as amputees feeling an itchy toe after their leg has been removed.

• Wow
Reactions: sadchild and JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
One word of caution if you are thinking of shaving ... i need a toque after temp drops below 40F now. Too damn cold on my head. You lose some insulation. Also your sunscreen budget will increase as you don't want to burn up there.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
One word of caution if you are thinking of shaving ... i need a toque after temp drops below 40F now. Too damn cold on my head. You lose some insulation. Also your sunscreen budget will increase as you don't want to burn up there.

I usually wear my Eagles hat when I go out but that's good to keep in mind.

But I think I can hold on to what I have for at least a couple more years...God Willing.

Fuck me this discussion makes me sad...I'm old.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I usually wear my Eagles hat when I go out but that's good to keep in mind.

But I think I can hold on to what I have for at least a couple more years...God Willing.

Fuck me this discussion makes me sad...I'm old.
Yes, it may be a couple of years before its worth showing off your Eagles hat.

• Sad
Reactions: JHDK