Very good for a 1982 countdown, probably because it's so close to 1983
Good 13
Okay 8
Bad 19
36. THE GIRL IS MINE - MICHAEL JACKSON AND PAUL MCCARTNEY
These two are disgustingly polite about this situation. Perfect friggin' gentlemen. Discussing over tea and crumpets about how "The doggone girl is mine"....?? What a terrible lyric.
31. THE LOOK OF LOVE - ABC
I've always loved the way he sings, "I don't know the answer to that question!"
30. ROCK THIS TOWN - STRAY CATS
You look at me once. You look at me twice. You look at me again and I'm gonna sit down with tea and crumpets and tell you the doggone girl is mine.
29. GET CLOSER - LINDA RONSTADT
Interesting time siguature.
28. ATHENA - THE WHO
The more I hear about Pete Townsend, the less I like him. The VJ story was about how he was hitting on a married woman while drunk, and he had to work with her the next day in the studio.
21. NEW WORLD MAN - RUSH
I can count 20 Rush singles I like better than this one starting from 1975's "Fly By Night" all the way up to 2012's Headlong Flight" so it surprises me that this is their only top 40 in the US.
15. THE ONE YOU LOVE - GLENN FREY
I hear that sax riff in my nightmares.
Sexy sax man should start playing this instead of "Careless Whisper"
14. STEPPIN' OUT - JOE JACKSON
I think I'm in the minority here, but I've always hated this song.
Will never reach the top 40
#41 Donna Summer "State Of Independence"
#46 Missing Persons "Destination Unknown"
#54 Charlene "Used To Be" (peaked at #46, so not a one-hit wonder?)
#62 Grandmaster Flash "The Message"
#63 Eddie Money "Shakin'"
#74 Go-Gos "Get Up And Go"
#78 Bill Conti "Theme From Dynasty"
#80 Fixx "Stand Or Fall"
#82 Judas Priest "You've Got Another Thing Comin'"
#86 Scandal "Goodbye To You"
#89 Robert Plant "Pledge Pin"
#92 Cheap Trick "She's Tight"
#94 Paul McCartney "Tug Of War"
#96 Talk Talk "Talk Talk"