All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Made it up here in 2 hours 49 minutes. Usually it takes a tad over 3 hours. Off to a good start.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Rise boarding group 3! I think that's my highest group yet.

Like I said last week, so far I've had zero issues getting a group. Yet every time I get worried seeing how ALL the vlogs I watch talk about how hard it is to get a group.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So I'm back home now. The whole trip wound up only being 35 hours. I still got the motel for 2 nights and while I technically wasted like 18 hours of room time it's worth it to me. At only $42/night I don't feel bad leaving early. It's nice to not have to worry about being out by 12pm (their checkout time) and I was able to take a nap before the drive home.

I did 3 of my 5 favorite WDW rides this trip (along with some others). The whole reason for the trip, the Peoplemover was done by me both yesterday and today. It's as relaxing and enjoyable as I remembered and still proudly holds it's #4 spot on my top 5 list. Like a total dork, the first time I got on it yesterday I found myself saying (to no one but me) "Peoplemover! Peoplemover!". Ha, it was fun.

Rise today was AMAZING!!! As group 3 I was called at about 8:40am. I showed up at 9am with my ticket out, ready to be scanned. What they do is scan your magicband or ticket when you first enter the line to confirm you have a boarding group. I walk into the line, holding my ticket out and walk past the first cast member w/o being stopped for the scan. Then I walk past 3 other cast members who were talking to each other and I say something like, "anyone need to scan this?" and no one replied. I assume they thought I was already scanned by the first cast member. So I walked right on the ride.

Now you are only supposed to be able to ride Rise 1 time per day but since I was never scanned I thought I'd give getting back in line another shot. This time the second cast member area is where they did scan my ticket and let me go right through. So when all was said and done I was able to ride Rise twice in a row this morning! I'm pretty sure that's something the vast majority of guests have never been able to do. Good stuff!

Peoplemover!

Peoplemover!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yeah we always go on Peoplemover. It's a good way to take a breather.

It's fun seeing pretty much all of TomorrowLand from about 15 feet above the ground. And it's another OG Walt designed ride which makes it extra special, like Carousel of Progress.

I also got some good pics of the new Tron coaster construction from the vantagepoint of the Peoplemover. Sadly due to budgetary issues as a result of covid they are pausing work on the ride until their next fiscal year and it won't be ready for the 50th anniversary in October but they have made some good progress already.

That canopy is going to look so cool when finished. It will be a real modern update to TomorrowLand.

Hey Hectic, why do you think they have all that red fabric covering parts of the track? My guess was to protect against sun damage? It's clearly not waterproof so it's not for rain. I figured that may be something you'd know.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Its pretty torn up, so its not doing what they want it to do. I'm guessing its to keep the metal clean so they don't have to scrape bird poop and funk off of it before they are ready to paint.

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
After being closed since March 14, 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopened April 30 at 25% capacity. Guests entering the parks will have to submit to a temperature check, guests age two and older will be required to wear a mask, social distancing will be enforced, and all transactions must be by debit card or credit card; cash will not be accepted. During the shutdown, the Snow White's Scary Adventures attraction was refurbished with new technology and a scene of the Prince awakening Snow White with "true love's kiss." Here is the ride-through:

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Disney and Universal are moving to 3 feet of social distancing in line. Down from the 6 feet they've had in place since the parks reopened.

This is great news. Things are moving in the right direction.

The next major step forward will be rescinding the facemask rule. Now I understand why they keep it in place. It's much easier to simply say you must wear a mask at all times than to try to have a policy where masks are only required inside.

Slowly but surely (don't call me surely) things are getting back to normal!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Sounds great until the throngs of unvaccinated Florida people converge and cause a resurgence.

I hear ya, and that is a worry, but hopefully it won't become a huge issue.

First off, unlike Disneyland, WDW is a much more national/international destination than a local amusement. And thus far we have not seen any sort of widespread outbreaks/covid spread since the parks reopened. Also, lots of Floridians have been getting vaccinated. 42% has had at least one dose and 27% are fully vaccinated...Yay, I'm now included in that 27% statistic as of yesterday!

I think the 3 feet thing is a good step. A way to move forward somewhat while still being cautious. If everything stays the same as it is now after a few months of these new in-park regulations it should pave the way to loosening the restrictions even further.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Belle is of course my fav but Moana knows how to fucking rock.

Fly out into the ocean girl. Kick it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sounds great until the throngs of unvaccinated Florida people converge and cause a resurgence.
And that, as you already know, is why it’s an important part of why vaccinated people need to keep wearing their masks in public. (And Publix.)
We need to help remind those that haven’t gotten their shots, that this ain’t over yet.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Made an impromptu 1 night Disney trip yesterday. I woke up at like 3am on 5.13 and randomly checked the app and was able to get a Magic Kingdom reservation. So I made the drive, did MK in the morning, got my motel for 1 night and did epcot at night. Got home about 2 hours ago.

Gotta get my Disney fix in as much as possible now because the dark ages of 2021 (June/July) where I'm blacked out are rapidly approaching.

Did the Peoplemover 3 times in a row too because I'm a crazy person. And it was a walk on.

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!!

So masks still required inside and for all ride lines (inside or out) but won't be required while simply walking around the park! I am very happy about this!

However, I see it being a huge annoyance for the cast members that will constantly have to tell guests in outside lines to put on their masks. I assume the reason they stuck with the masks outside so long even though FL never had a mandate was for 2 reasons: 1. appear to be taking health of guests as seriously as possible. 2. because it's much easier to tell guests they have to wear a mask all the time rather than constantly reminding them to put them on when they go inside.

Whatever the original reason was, this is a huge plus for me. It will be so nice to be able to walk around the park mask free...finally!

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Avengers Campus opened in Disneyland a couple days ago and that AWESOME new, autonomous animatronic I mentioned is up and running!

Quick recap: they now have an animatronic that has like a battery pack and functions on its own. They dress it like Spiderman and launch it into the sky.

It's so neat! They put on this show where a human actor plays Spiderman then says he's going to the lab to test some new system on himself. While out of view, he then runs to the other side of the stage and they launch the robot Spidey, really high. It does Spidey moves while in mid air then when it falls behind the viewing area it's able to flatten itself out so when it lands in the backstage net it doesn't break. The human Spidey actor then pops out from the other side of the stage, like he was the one launched, and the show goes on.

Check it out. Animatronic Spidey is at 2:30.

Last edited: