Hyrule
vomit and poop continually at the same time. thats a thing happening

not the best look.

pull it together koop

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana

I noticed this a lot while shopping just now.

Pant instead of Pants.

Wouldn't this be incorrect?
We're not buying just one leg, like a thousand years ago when they'd put on a separate garment for each leg and tie them together.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
What exactly is a "pair" of pants? Or a pair of tweezers? Or a pair of scissors? To be precise, wouldn't a pair of pants have four legs, not two? I don't know. And now I will change the subject. Here is a peculiar video: Page and Plant meet Gilligan and the Skipper.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Have you ever heard of a site called Google? I used it to try to find out why pants are called a "pair." There is little evidence that the term came from the days when panatloons were separate, one for each leg. It seems that any item which is bifurcated – such as pants, pliers, scissors, tweezers and glasses – is referred to as a pair.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Have you ever heard of a site called Google? I used it to try to find out why pants are called a "pair." There is little evidence that the term came from the days when panatloons were separate, one for each leg. It seems that any item which is bifurcated – such as pants, pliers, scissors, tweezers and glasses – is referred to as a pair.

You just wanted to use "bifurcated" in a sentence.
We're not buying just one leg, like a thousand years ago when they'd put on a separate garment for each leg and tie them together.
You are correct. We refer to them as pant legs, so each leg is singular, but the garment is the pair of pants.

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
That reminds me of the man who went to a dry cleaners and asked the clerk, "Can you clean a pair of pants?" The clerk said, "Let me see the pants." – and the men went "Huff! Huff!"

This joke works much better when told than when written.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
My band has started auditioning lead singers again (we stopped jamming in November, started again this week). We've had 11 people reply to our ads so far. This one came in today. Had to share.

Hello Mark... hey man I listened to a couple tracks and I think you guys have enough talent for me to work with...I’m into heavy riffs and I could definitely do vocals over the stuff you guys have.. I’m letting you know if you set up an audition... you will definitely like what I can do... I believe that I can bring your band to another level.... James...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He has all the qualifications already to be a lead singer -- huge ego. After a while your band will be James & (your band name). Then he will split off and be a solo singer.

Reactions: sadchild

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
My band has started auditioning lead singers again (we stopped jamming in November, started again this week). We've had 11 people reply to our ads so far. This one came in today. Had to share.

Hello Mark... hey man I listened to a couple tracks and I think you guys have enough talent for me to work with...I’m into heavy riffs and I could definitely do vocals over the stuff you guys have.. I’m letting you know if you set up an audition... you will definitely like what I can do... I believe that I can bring your band to another level.... James...
I never knew that David Lee Roth went by the nickname "James".

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

He has all the qualifications already to be a lead singer -- huge ego. After a while your band will be James & (your band name). Then he will split off and be a solo singer.
:roflmao:

He's got LSD for sure!

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
On Facebook just now someone posted:
Define your music taste in five artists

I think it's an interesting question.

I put: Enya, Carcass, NWA, Cure, Cat Stevens

Curious what others here would answer, if anyone's interested?